If you are a fan of multiplayer games like FIFA or Battlefield V or similar, you will very well know that Origin is one of the best platforms for these games.
It can be quite frustrating when Origin won’t open on the PC. If you are facing a similar problem where Origin won’t start, this is the right platform for you.
We will discuss 5 important ways to eliminate origin not opening errors.
Why won’t my Origin Open?
We often come across complaints like “I tried several times, but my Origin won’t open for gaming. How can I solve such errors?”. I say, before going to the solution, let’s understand why Origin won’t launch in the first place.
The factors that play a vital role in causing “Origin won’t open” errors are-
- Presence of cache files that are corrupted
- When the problem lies within the core gaming app of Origin
- Network connectivity errors
There can be other reasons behind it.
No matter what the reason is for Origin not opening, there are easy hacks to get it going in no time.
Top 5 Ways to Fix Origin Won’t Open Problem:
The easiest way you can try to open the Origin app is by restarting your PC or by checking the internet connectivity. But what if the problem is a bit more complex?
For complex cases, we have these solutions for you.
1. Compatibility Troubleshooter Application:
Running the compatibility troubleshooter has proven to be the most effective way of making Origin launcher not loading work.
Here is how you can get it done-
- Go to the desktop icon of “Origin shortcut” and right-click on it.
- From the pop-up context menu click the “properties” option.
- From the properties page, navigate to the tab for “compatibility” and click to open.
- Press the “Run compatibility troubleshooter” option.
- Choose the compatibility settings that are recommended upon clicking “Try recommended settings”.
- Close the properties page and try to run the Origin client.
- If the problem still persists, you need to run the “Program compatibility troubleshooter” again. This time choose other compatibility settings from the list instead of the recommended ones.
- When you have persisting errors, you need to adjust the program settings to Manual and click on the “OK” tab to confirm the changes.
Some tips for compatibility settings over here-
- If the updated version of Origin creates most of the problem in the opening, uninstall this version and go back to the old one.
- Disable the full-screen optimization if the same is activated in the app settings. Full-screen mode often causes hindrances to the smooth opening of the app.
- Try to provide the Origin administrator rights.
2. Try Clean Boot Technology:
When the Origin opening errors keep in persisting, Clean Boot becomes convenient for many users. The clean boot can be explained as a manual technique of troubleshooting, that disables all troubleshooting activities to locate the software that causes disruption to the app.
How to make the Clean Boot technology work?
- Press the keys “Windows + R” simultaneously to open the “run” dialogue box.
- Type in the word “msconfig” and press the “Enter” key to run.
- On the configuration page, go to the “Service” tab”.
- Check the box beside “Hide all Microsoft services” text on the service list and then click on the “Disable” tab.
- Return to System configuration and click on the “OK” tab.
- Close configuration and restart your computer to clean boot the system.
If the problem doesn’t persist any longer, it’s time to enable all the Microsoft services one after the other until the troubleshooting happens again. This will help you identify the trouble-causing software.
Once you have found the source software, you can uninstall that and put an end to the troubleshooting.
See Also: 10 Ways to Fix Discord Won’t Open
3. Delete Corrupt Cache Files of Origin:
Origin, while launching fast, often creates cache files. When there are too many cache files in the Origin cloud storage, and also in the internet browser, it results in launching errors.
You can follow these steps to smoothly delete all cache files from the memory and run the app smoothly.
- Press the “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” keys simultaneously to open the “Task Manager” and close the Origin app from running in the background.
- Now press the keys “Windows + R” simultaneously top open the “run” dialogue box.
- Type in “%ProgramData%” and press the “Enter” button.
- From the Program Data file locate and open the “Origin” folder.
- Keep the Local Content Folder in the Origin File safely and delete the rest.
- Close the Origin Client and run again.
Clearing cache files effectively work most of the time.
4. Clear Temporary Files From Origin:
Just like cache files, Origin also creates “AppData” named temporary files while running. Too much accumulation of temporary files often leads to troubleshooting.
How to clear the temporary Origin files? Here is the trick to do it in no time-
- Unhide all temporary files created by Origin. By default, these temporary files remain hidden in the system.
- Go to the search bar on your screen taskbar and type in “Folder”.
- When the folders page opens, go to the “Advanced Setting”.
- Select the Show Hidden files, drives, and folders options from the advanced settings and then press the “OK” tab to save changes.
Now all temporary files will be visible to you. It’s time to find them and delete all.
- Press the keys “Windows + R” to open the “Run” dialogue box.
- Type in “%AppData%” and then press the “Enter” button.
- In the app data folder delete all the Origin folders you come across.
Close the data page and relaunch the Origin client.
5. Reinstallation of the Origin Client:
When you have tried everything and the problem still persists, the last resort is to uninstall and reinstall the Origin client.
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and type “Control Panel” and click to open it.
- Under the programs tab on the Control Panel, click on the “Uninstall a program”.
- From the program list, locate “Origin” and right-click on it.
- From the pop-up context menu click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Restart your PC.
- Now reinstall the program from the Origin official website. Get the latest EA software.
- Run the new program and relaunch the app.
When you have the updated versions of Origin in your system, the troubleshooting errors hardly happen.