Have you ever wondered how to get Model Number and Serial Number on your Windows 11/10? It’s not as difficult as you might think.
How to get Model number and serial number of your PC
What is the serial number and the model number of your Windows 11 PC? Do you know how to access them? There are multiple ways to get a model number and serial number for your Windows 10 OS. Here are the steps you need to take:
1] Get Model Number with System Information
To find out what your computer model number is, follow the instructions given
1. Open the Taskbar search using the Windows+S keys.
2. Type System Information in the search box and press Enter.
3. From the left pane, select the System Summary option.
4. Find the System Model option under the Item column.
5. Now you will get your PC model number under the Value column.
2] Use Windows PowerShell to get Model number and Serial number
The following steps illustrate how to get the computer’s model number using PowerShell:
1. Right-click on the Windows icon.
2. Select Windows Terminal (Admin) from the menu list.
3. In the PowerShell window, type the following command and press Enter to get the model number of your device:
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_ComputerSystem
4. Make sure your device has the correct model number.
5. Enter the following command and press Enter if you’d like to check the serial number of your computer:
Get-CimInstance -ClassName Win32_bios
6. Now verify the Model Number and the Serial Number of your computer.
Once you’ve completed these steps, PowerShell displays the Model number and the Serial number on your device
3] Get Model Number and Serial Number via Command Prompt
If you prefer Command Prompt over Windows PowerShell, here are some steps you can use to check your PC Model Number:
1. Right-click on the Start menu and select the Run option.
2. In the Run dialog box, type cmd, and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to launch the elevated Command Prompt.
3. If UAC prompts on the screen, click the Yes button.
4. When the command prompt opens, run the below command to get your computer model number:
wmic csproduct get name
4. Now verify your device model number once you’ve run the command above.
5. You can find your computer’s serial number by running the following command:
wmic csproduct get name, identifyingnumber
6. Verify the model and serial numbers of your device now.
Once you complete the above instructions, you will be able to see the model number and the serial number of your Windows 11 PC.