On Windows 11, once you install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA), you can install Android apps from the Amazon Appstore. If you no longer need an app, the Windows subsystem integration makes it easy to uninstall them, whether they are apps from the Amazon Appstore or you sideload them from any other source.
In this guide, you will learn the steps to add and remove apps from the Amazon Appstore on Windows 11.
Install Android apps on Windows 11
To install an Android app on Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Amazon Appstore and click the top result to open the app.
- Sign in with Amazon (U.S.-based) account.
- Search and select the app.
- Click the Install button.
Once you complete the steps, you can open the Android app from the Start menu. If the app isn’t available through the Appstore, you can sideload them with these instructions.
Uninstall Android apps on Windows 11
To uninstall an Android app from your computer, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click the Apps & features page from the right-side.
- Select the Android app.
- Click the menu (three-dotted) button on the right and select the Uninstall button.
Alternatively, you can also right-click the app from the Start menu and select the Uninstall button.