On Windows 10, some users encountered error code 0xc000012f while trying to launch some Microsoft programs such as Word or Excel. It can also appear on the screen with a message – Bad image. Error code- 0xc000012f. The most irritating part of this error is that it keeps prompted several times on the screen even after clicking the OK button. In order to get rid of this issue, we have compiled all possible ways that will provide you the solid information to fix this error.
C:Windowssystem32xxx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.” In most cases, another error status will be provided 0xc000012f.
Ways to fix Error Code 0xc000012f on Windows 10
To fix Error Code 0xc000012f, use the steps –
1. Run System File Checker
First of all, run the SFC scan to repair the corrupted or damaged system files and check whether the error 0xc000012f is solved. To run this tool, follow the below steps:
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and hit Enter.
- Wait for a while and let the scanning process complete.
- Restart your computer and check whether it fixed the issue.
2. Uninstall Windows Update
Sometimes this problem can also occur due to installing the latest Windows update. In such a case, you can check the recently installed Windows update and remove it.
- Open Control panel.
- Under Programs & Features, select Uninstall a program.
- On the left side, click View installed updates.
- Select the latest update from the menu list and then follow the steps to uninstall the update.
- Once you uninstall, reboot your computer and see if it works now.
If the problem still persists, continue to the next solution.
3. Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
According to several users, this problem got able to fix when users install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. Here is how to do:
Visual Studio Redistributable
- Mark the checkbox next to vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe, then click Next.
- After downloading, go to the downloaded location and double click on the files to install.
- Now reboot your device, try to open the program again, and check if the error is removed.
4. Check for Windows update
Microsoft usually keeps releasing updates to fix small and big flaws on Windows 10. So, go to the Windows Updates and check if there is any new pending update to be installed for the error. Here is how to do:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings.
- In the Settings app, select Update & Security > Windows Settings > Check for Update.
- If you find any new pending, download and install them.
- After installing the update, reboot your system and check if it solves.
6. Perform a Clean boot
In case none of the above methods work, perform a clean boot, and detect the actual cause behind this error code.