Windows 11 introduces an updated version of the taskbar with a new design that aligns all items to the center of the screen, and it includes new buttons for the Start menu, Search, Task View, and Widgets.
If you are among those users who like the classic Start menu, you can also bring it back on Windows 11 by editing the Registry with these instructions.
In this guide, you will learn the steps to make the taskbar larger or smaller on Windows 11.
Change taskbar size on Windows 11
To change the taskbar size on Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open Start on Windows 11.
- Search for regedit and click the top result to open the app.
- Browse the following path:
- Right-click the Advanced key, select New, and click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Registry Advanced key
- Name the key TaskbarSi and press Enter.
- Double-click the newly created DWORD and change its value from 0 to 2 to change the taskbar icons size to large. The value 0 is for the small size and 1 is for the default icon size.
Windows 11 taskbar change size
- Click the OK button.
- Restart the computer.
Once you complete the steps, the taskbar will reflect the size you specified on Windows 11.
If you want to revert the changes, you can always follow the same instructions, but on step No. 4, right-click the TaskbarSi DWORD and select the Delete button.